Mission Trails Regional Park volunteer opportunities are numerous. Volunteers are so valuable and appreciated in all the operations of the park
Ranger Chris Axtmann has published a newsletter illustrating the variety of volunteer opportunities awating you at Mission Trails Regional Park. You may volunteer at the Visitor Center, and/or out in the park for Park Beautification Crew, Trail Improvement Crew, Habitat Restoration Crew, and Patrol Member. Click on this link for further information about each volunteer opportunity and when they are offered.
If you are interested in participating in any of the programs/projects listed below please contact David Lee at 619-668-3278, you may also email David at email@example.com.
- Visitor Center Staff - Staff the information/reception area welcoming visitors to the park, assist in the gift shop, introduce the video and slide presentations in the theatre.
- Visitor Center Gift Shop - Serve as shopkeeper in the gift shop and assist Visitor Center staff as needed.
- Visitor Center Library - Catalog books, send thank you notes to donors and keep the library books in order.
- Trail Guides - Lead interpretive walks in the park.
- Volunteer Patrol - Interact with park users and educate the public about park rules. There are two types of patrol units: mountain bike patrol (must provide your own bike) and foot patrol.
- Trail Crew - Assist rangers with trail maintenance/construction, erosion control, and sign installation.
- Habitat Improvement Team - Assist rangers with exotic plant eradication, habitat protection and revegetation projects.
- Beautification Crew - Assist rangers with projects that beautify the park to include revegetation and many other projects.
Interested? Please fill out the secure, Online Volunteer Application.
The Printable MTRP Volunteer Application can be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to David Lee at Mission Trails Regional Park, One Father Junipero Serra Trail, San Diego, CA 92119-1008.