Mission Trails Regional Park Status
Per the San Diego County public health order in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, limited areas of Mission Trails Regional Park (MTRP) are open for passive use only. All of Cowles Mountain, and all connector trails to and from Cowles Mountain and Pyles Peak remain CLOSED to the public. In addition, the Kumeyaay Lake Campground, the MTRP Visitor Center and most other facilities are closed. For the most updated information regarding which areas of MTRP are open, click here.
If you come to MTRP, please follow these temporary protocols:
- Passive use only (walking, jogging, biking or hiking).
- Maintain social distancing of a minimum of 6 feet at all times.
- Wear recommended face covering when in the park and on the trail.
- No congregating or participating in organized group activities or active sports.
- Do not shake hands or engage in any unnecessary physical contact.
- Do not enter the park or trails if you have a cough or fever.
For more information on Lake Murray, click here.