Presented by the Mission Trails Regional Park Foundation
During the holiday break, on Monday, December 19 through Friday, December 23, the Mission Trails Regional Park (MTRP) Foundation will offer a Day Camp program for children in second through sixth grades.
Themes for camp include: Who’s home for the Winter? Surviving the Cold, Winter Solstice, Interesting Invertebrates, and much more! Campers will take to the trails, play games, make crafts, conduct science experiments, and develop friendships.
- Daily hikes and nature exploration with the opportunity to learn about animal and plant adaptations, the unique biodiversity of Mission Trails, and Kumeyaay culture.
- Crafts, science experiments, and games, including traditional Kumeyaay games.
- Engaging talks with guest speakers including a live hawk demonstration with Bob Gordon and Native storyteller Cathleen Chilcote Wallace.
- Camp will be held from 9AM-4PM
- Registration $300 with a 10% sibling discount with code: sibling10%
- Only 30 spaces are available, so register TODAY!
Day Camp Contact
Alissa Lustgarten, Lead Educator
Mission Trails Regional Park Foundation
Day Camp Locations
(Days at each to be determined. Parents will be notified.)
Mission Trails Regional Park Visitor Center
One Father Junipero Serra Trail
San Diego, CA 92119
Mission Trails Regional Park Kumeyaay Lake Campground (Map)
Two Father Junipero Serra Trail
San Diego, CA 92119
You will be required to complete and sign a copy of the Waiver and Release of Liability form when you drop off your child on the first day of camp. If you will be sending your child with medication, please complete the MTRP Day Camp Medication Form and bring it with the medication on the first day of camp.
Day Camp Policies
Insufficient enrollment may result in cancellation of day camp. Full refund will be given for such cancellation. Refunds will otherwise not be available and the registration fee will be considered a donation to support the park.