Position Opening with the Mission Trails Regional Park Foundation
Do you love Mission Trails Regional Park (MTRP)? Put your professional expertise to work supporting one of the largest urban parks in the United States, enjoyed by more than 2 million visitors annually.
The Mission Trails Regional Park Foundation, the 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting the park since 1988, is hiring a part-time Gift Shop Sales Associate for the MTRP Visitor and Interpretive Center. If you’re a creative, knowledgeable, experienced, and passionate about preserving wild spaces, we encourage you to apply for the position by Sunday, November 27, 2022. We are interested in hiring for this role as soon as possible.
Gift Shop Sales Associate
On behalf of the Mission Trails Regional Park (MTRP) Foundation, this individual will staff the MTRP Visitor and Interpretive Center Gift Shop on weekends and at special events as needed.
- Assist MTRP Visitor Center guests with sales of Gift Shop merchandise, art exhibit sales and general questions
- Assist with Gift Shop merchandise, including stocking, and make recommendations pertaining to Gift Shop inventory and possible product offerings
- Create attractive merchandise displays that complement the facility’s architecture and design
- Assist with a complete Gift Shop merchandise inventory two times a year (approximately January 31 and June 30)
- Assist front desk volunteers to engage with guests and answer questions about the park as needed
- Assist with MTRP Foundation special events as needed
- Prior retail experience, with experience merchandising and conducting inventories
- Must be creative and possess strong interpersonal skills
- Must have initiative, working independently on weekends alongside MTRP Foundation volunteers and City of San Diego staff
- Proficient in Square point-of-sales systems and tech savvy, with experience in Excel
- Able to provide professional references
Compensation and Work Site Information
This is a part time position, $20/hour, working at the MTRP Visitor and Interpretive Center on weekends, approximately 10-14 hours per week. Occasional special events outside of these hours also be required.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, speak, and hear. The employee will frequently be required to stoop, lift, kneel and/or crouch. The employee will regularly need to lift and/or move items up to 25 pounds.
Executive Director, Mission Trails Regional Park Foundation
Submit resume, cover letter, and references by Sunday, Nov. 27, 2022, to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email subject line, please write SALES ASSOCIATE.