Position Opening with the Mission Trails Regional Park Foundation
Do you love Mission Trails Regional Park (MTRP)? Put your professional expertise to work supporting one of the largest urban parks in the United States, enjoyed by more than 2 million visitors annually.
Contract Grant Writer, Mission Trails Regional Park Foundation
Submit resume/CV and writing sample to email@example.com. Please include Grant Writer in the email subject line.
The Mission Trails Regional Park (MTRP) Foundation, the nonprofit organization that works in partnership with the City of San Diego to preserve, protect, and improve Mission Trails, is seeking a contract grant writer to support the organization’s grant writing and grant reporting activities. This is a particularly exciting time at the park with major projects underway and on the near horizon. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply to join a fun, creative, and visionary team.
Overview of Activities
- High level grant prospecting of private and family foundations, corporate, and public-sector grant sources and recommend grant applications to pursue
- Help to execute the annual grant funding plan, manage the centralized grant calendar, and organize grant files in MTRP Foundation archive
- Write quality, competitive proposals tailored to each funder’s stated eligibility requirements and specific areas of focus
- Coordinate efforts to gather required attachments for grant proposals including, but not limited to program and organizational budgets, Board of Directors listing including terms and affiliations, Board resolutions, Balance Sheets, Profit & Loss Statements, Audited Financials, 990s, etc.
- Submit electronic and/or hard copy submission of applications, according to each funder’s instructions
- Review grants contracts/agreements and aid the Foundation in executing contracts/agreements, as needed
- Communicate with the Foundation regarding required program budgets for proposals and awarded grant contracts, award spend-downs, invoicing against grant awards, and maintenance of source documentation by project
- Alert the Foundation of desired outcomes of grant awards when specific outcomes are specified by the funder in grant award letters or executed grant contracts/agreements with the funder
- Attend and/or call into proposal strategy/planning meetings with Foundation staff
- Communicate and consult with the Foundation regarding funder recognition requirements and preferences
- Progress reporting, performance measurement reports, and other compliance reporting as outlined in executed grant contracts/agreements with the funder
- Coordinate and prepare key documents for funder monitoring visits/audits
- As needed, represent the Foundation at mandatory meetings, phone conferences, and webinars when attendance at such events is required to apply for grant funding
- Assist the Foundation in the preparation for site visits in instances when the funder uses site visits to determine if applicant will advance to the next round of consideration
- Write thank-you letters to funders as requested by MTRP Foundation staff
Compensation and Work Site Information
$50/hr with $10,000 annual budget and this position is remote.
Minimum three years’ experience with grant writing and/or grant management. Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel), Acrobat. Ability to coordinate a variety of tasks and assignments simultaneously and successfully, strong oral and written communication and organizational skills. A positive, resourceful, and creative team player.