- This event has passed.
iNaturalist App Training for City Nature Challenge
April 7 @ 10:00 AM - 1:00 PMFree
2018 City Nature Challenge: San Diego Friday, April, 27 at 12 AM to Monday, April 30 at 11:59 PM
The 2018 City Nature Challenge is a worldwide competition to see which city can make the most observations on their smart devices of their local plants and animals over a 4-day period—and San Diego is participating this year!
Not familiar with iNaturalist? Not to worry, it’s super user-friendly. All you have to do is join the open house style training at the Mission Trails Visitor Center on Saturday, April 7th, between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. You will learn the app, go out to practice, and return for additional help if needed.
- Download the free iNaturalist app to your Android or iPhone
- Join The Nat’s 2018 City Nature Challenge: San Diego iNaturalist project
- Take photos from April 27-30 to make observations of wild plants and animals in San Diego (in your backyard, at a park, etc.)
- Upload your photos to iNaturalist
- Learn more as the iNaturalist community helps identify your observations
Subscribe to eNews
Receive the latest information about our programs, events and interesting things about the park.
It encompasses 7,220 acres of both natural and developed recreational acres. Its rugged hills, valleys and open areas represent a San Diego prior to the landing of Cabrillo in San Diego Bay in 1542. readmore